Temporary Status

“A foreign national has temporary resident status when they have been found to meet the requirements of the legislation to enter and/or remain in Canada as a visitor, student, worker or temporary resident permit holder. Only foreign nationals physically in Canada hold temporary resident status.”

How To Obtain A Temporary status?

Canada is a great destination for visit, study and work. If you plan to visit Canada for study, business or tourism, you should know in advance if you will need to have a valid visa and if there will be any other requirements before you’ll be allowed to enter this country. Doyen International could help you with the documents required to enter and temporarily stay in Canada.

Services We Offer

Study Permit is a necessary status document for international students to pursue degrees, certificates in Canada. Most of the study programs require student to hold valid study permit to begin with, for countries require visa to enter Canada, student also must apply for a Temporary Resident Visa. The study permit enables student to legally study while within Canada, the Temporary Resident Visa allows student to enter Canada. Depending on the length of study program, a study permit’s length could be anywhere from 6 months to 4 years.

Extend Study Permit

International Students must be aware of the validity period of their study permits, because it is possible for a student to receive a 1-year study permit even though the program is for 4 years. To avoid any interruption and delays in student’s classes, it is suggested to apply for study permit extension within 90 days of the expiry date of original study permit.

Aside from some special occupations and programs, most of the time Canadian employers need to apply for Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) before they can hire a foreign worker, LMIA applications are processed by Employment and Social Development Canada. After a foreign worker receives positive LMIA support, together with his job offer the foreign worker can then apply for a work permit.

To travel to Canada, citizens from many countries require Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), sometimes also known as “Visitor Visa”.  TRV may be granted for a range of Visit-Canada purposes: tourism, family visit, business exploration, and so on. As one of the most frequently applied travel documents to Canada, there are single-entry TRV and multiple-entry TRV, and the visa validity varies.

If you graduated from a designated learning institution, and want to stay in Canada temporarily while working, you may be eligible to apply for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP).

Not all designated learning institutions make you eligible for a post-graduation work permit.

How long the post-graduation work permit is valid for depends on the length of your study program. Doyen provides international students with comprehensive package of assistance covering applications from PGWP to Express Entry.

Qualifying foreign nationals currently in Canada who meet program eligibility requirements may be considered for a work permit to bridge the gap between the expiry of their current work permit and the final decision on their application for permanent residence (APR). They must have submitted application for permanent residence under 1 of the following classes:

  • the Federal Skilled Worker Class (FSWC);
  • the Canadian Experience Class (CEC);
  • the Federal Skilled Trades Class (FSTC);
  • the Caring For Children Class or the Caring For People With High Medical Needs Class; or
  • the Provincial Nominee Class (PNC), for applicants for whom there are no employer restrictions on nominations.

For certain employer-driven streams in the PNC, the nominating province or territory may impose employment restrictions on a successful nominee until the person becomes a permanent resident, IRCC will not issue the Bridge Work Permit under such restrictions.

The applicant’s APR needs to passed completeness check for IRCC to be able to start processing the Bridge Work Permit.

Want to know if you are eligible to immigrate to Canada?

Book a consultation and complete an assessment today!

Verified by MonsterInsights