Family Sponsorship

“Your relatives can live, study and work in Canada if they become permanent residents of Canada. You can sponsor certain relatives to come to Canada if you’re at least 18 years old and obtain certain status in Canada”

How family sponsorship works?

If you are a Canadian permanent resident or citizen with a family member who wants to immigrate to Canada, you may be able to help them become a permanent resident. Family reunification remains one of the pillars of the Canadian immigration system. 

Services We Offer

Family reunification is a big part of Canada’s immigration system, every year many Canadian citizens and/or permanent residents sponsor spouses or common-law partners or children to immigrate to Canada.

When applying through Spouse or Common-law Partner Sponsorship, applicants can choose either “in Canada Class” or “Outside Canada Class”.

Applicant can sponsor if is:

  • a Canadian citizen, a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or a permanent resident,
  • at least 18 years old
  • living in Canada:
  • if you’re a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when your sponsored relative becomes a permanent resident.
  • You can’t sponsor someone if you’re a permanent resident living outside of Canada.

You must also be able to show that you can provide basic needs for:

  • yourself,
  • your spouse or partner,
  • your spouse or partner’s dependent child(ren) (if applicable)
  • your dependent child(ren) (if you’re sponsoring only your dependent child).

In most cases, there is no low-income-cut-off (LICO) for spouse, partner or dependent child sponsorships.

Effectively since 2019, Parents and Grandparents sponsorship application has been revised to first-come-first-serve model. IRCC will process applications based on the time stamp of application submission, until the annual quota runs out.

If you are sponsoring a parent or a grandparent, you must meet the minimum necessary income requirement for each of the three taxation years immediately preceding the date of your application. The minimum necessary income requirement is equal to the Low Income Cut-offs (LICOs) plus 30%, taking into account the number of family members for whom you are or will be financially responsible.

The length of undertaking for parents and grandparents sponsorship is 20-year, much longer than the spouse or common-law sponsorship.

Super visa allows parents and grandparents visit their children or grandchildren in Canada for up to two years at a time.

To be eligible for the super visa, applicant must:

  • be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
  • have a signed letter from the child or grandchild who invites you to Canada that includes:
  • a promise of financial support for the duration of your visit
  • the list and number of people in the household of this person
  • a copy of this person’s Canadian citizenship or permanent resident document
  • have medical insurance from a CANADIAN insurance company that is:
  • valid for at least one year from the date of entry
  • at least $100,000 for minimum coverage
  • have proof that the medical insurance has been paid (quotes aren’t accepted)

You must also:

  • be allowed to enter Canada
  • take an immigration medical exam
  • meet certain other conditions

Note: Dependents CAN NOT be included in this type of visa application

Want to know if you are eligible to immigrate to Canada?

Book a consultation and complete an assessment today!

Verified by MonsterInsights